|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
In 2019 Woolworths Group announced the intention to create a new entity, Endeavour Group, through the restructure and merger of our drinks and hospitality businesses, to be followed by a separation of the new entity. With expected sales revenue of $10 billion, a team of over 20,000, 1500 stores and 330 hotels nationally, Endeavour Group will be well positioned as an ASX Top 50 Company and the largest integrated drinks and hospitality business in Australia. Endeavour Group will include the brands of BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Pinnacle Wines, Jimmy Brings, and the ALH hotel chain.
Opportunity to join Endeavour Group Property Team
- Assist in Managing the NSW/ACT property portfolio for BWS and Dan Murphy's
- Customer focussed in a fast paced and changing environment
- Enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
Your new team is accountable for all property undertakings for the Endeavour Drinks business. It exists to provide comprehensive property solutions to support and liaise with the business and its future growth.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and intuitive Property Manager to join the team. Reporting to both the NSW/ACT Leasing and Acquisitions Manager; and the National Retail Property Manager, you will assist in managing the existing portfolio of over 450 NSW/ACT stores. You’ll do this by proactively optimising the existing network, supporting internal and external teams through effective and professional property management duties.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the National Property Manager and existing team to develop and collaborate on the property reviews that outlines our network objectives for new and existing stores.
- Maintaining the excellent relationship, and co-ordinating our interactions with, our largest landlord with whom we have over 500 sites nationally.
- Coordinating, preparing and analysing feasibility requirements.
- Attending to and resolving issues that arise from stores, including repairs, maintenance, administration and customer queries.
- Assisting the team in the implementation of the property and renewal plans.
- Coordinating and liaising with various teams including design, finance, format development and licensing.
- Providing accurate reporting to management of key performance criteria and market conditions.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the amenity of our stores for customers and team, as well as identifying strategies to implement these improvements.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a customer-focussed property manager who can demonstrate exceptional time management, prioritisation skills, and has the ability to work independently. You’ll be able to demonstrate solid commercial experience and knowledge of the property market, highlighted through your previous experience in a commercial property capacity. Your communication skills will be second to none and you’ll be able to build relationships, influence and negotiate to achieve results
Exposure to a retail environment would be beneficial but not essential. You’ll have a desire to succeed and be proactive in your approach. Above all, you’ll be passionate about the property industry and seeking to grow your long term career in an exciting business.
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You