|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a full-time, 12-month maximum term role located at our Stirling depot.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for conducting technical investigation of network faults. To investigate, identify and resolve moderate to complex network issues associated with the LV and HV network, including power quality, electric shock investigations and conducting network switching operations.
Perform commissioning, maintenance and fault repairs to distribution automation switchgear and alternative sources of supply, communicate with key stakeholders and adapt to a changing work environment to complete programs in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- “A” grade WA Electrical Workers License endorsed for Electrical Fitting / Mechanic
- A minimum of 5 + years advanced technical experience within a particular discipline, preferably in the Networks business
- Hold all appropriate industry licences or certificates of competency especially substation inspection, testing, maintenance and repair
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work alone or within a team environment
- Knowledge of field practices, procedures, engineering standards and regulations applicable to the Section and Stream.
- Knowledge of distribution and transmission networks and supply requirements
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance and operations on the distribution and transmission networks
- Regulations and procedures applicable to the section and stream
- MS Office systems, Word, Excel & or Access. MIMS, DOCS, Outlook and other specialist applications
- Experience dealing with external customers
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary: ASU EA Level AD - $108,758 + 11% Superannuation
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 02 June 2020