|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Position
As an integral member of the Information and Communications Technology team you will be responsible for providing front line IT services to Stanwell Staff and Contractors, raising and tracking incidents through to closure in an efficient and customer focused manner.
This role will participate in an on-call roster for remote phone support and after hours call outs.
This is a 1 year fixed term role based in our Stanwell Power Station – Rockhampton.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide first/second level IT support, but not limited to the installation, upgrade and configuration of computer resources such as hardware, software and peripherals
- Installation/upgrade/ configuration of computer resources such as hardware, software and mobile devices to meet turn around times
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation, knowledge base articles and user guides
- Work collaboratively within a multi-site team
- Establish effective customer and stakeholder relationships
- Application of best practice ITIL processes (i.e. Incident, Problem Change and Configuration Management)
- Manage a work load queue which includes opening, updating, closing and if required escalating work tickets within the agreed service level periods
- Manage user accounts, apply file system permissions and manage group memberships within Active Directory
The key to your success in this role will be your ability to bring previous experience in a similar IT service and customer support focused positon, coupled with your desire to work with the latest technology. It is imperative that you possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and are able to work practically and proactively in a small team environment.
More specifically you will be tertiary qualified and have significant knowledge of computer hardware and software combined with cyber security best practise and ways to protect data.
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the changing energy landscape within a business critical role.
- An attractive base salary supplemented by a generous yearly incentive scheme.
- Substantial employee benefits, including discounted gym memberships, free professional membership and access to learning and development opportunities.
- An opportunity to be part of a flexible, highly values-focused organisation
- Stanwell is a proud WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity apply today with cover letter and resume.
For further information visit our website www.stanwell.com.
Applications Close: 5.00pm, 2 June 2020