|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Collaborate with the business to promote a strong financial control environment
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role is based in Adelaide, CBD
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Financial Controls Lead to join our finance team based the Adelaide CBD.
As the Financial Controls Lead, you will contribute to the establishment, monitoring and enhancement of the financial control framework.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Collaborate with finance and non-finance personnel across the business to promote a strong financial control environment
- Address deficiencies in the control environment with key stakeholders
- Support the financial control framework and audit program, including risk and control assessment and determining the annual financial audit plan
- Test financial controls against audit programs and report on improvement opportunities
- Document and maintain written financial policies and procedures
- Manage the company's delegation of authority process
- Co-ordinate and report against a controls self-assessment process
- Contribute toward the fraud risk management process and disaster recovery planning
- Interface with internal and external auditors
- Implement process improvement initiatives
- Have the ability to travel to locations within Australia from time to time and as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in audit or a financial controls environment
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team focus and commitment to continual improvement
- Solid level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and statutory reporting requirements
A tertiary degree in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline and CPA or CA qualifications are essential in this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.