|Location:||Melbourne - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Team Lead, Project Delivery / Program Manager within our IES division, reporting into our South Melbourne office.
IES / Workshops
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
About the role:
Responsible for the delivery of specific projects within the Engineering Services Program to a wide range of customers, working closely with other Team Leads, account managers and resource managers. Deliver specified projects through distributed teams in a matrix environment. No initial direct reports, expected to grow as business grows.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the delivery of a defined project portfolio:
- Secure project resources in a matrix environment
- Directly develop and deliver specific projects (c.50% of role)
- Develop and lead a high performing project management capability
- Deliver against, and report on, project and portfolio performance targets
- Provide project management governance and assurance across relevant projects in line with the QinetiQ Project Management Framework
- Support Business Winning activity by estimating, pricing and forecasting project needs
- Provide expert project management advice, guidance and mentoring
- Build long-term customer relationships by delivering on commitments
You will have to meet the following criteria to be successful for this role:
- Credibility, integrity and high personal ethical standards that align with QinetiQ values
- Recognised and current project management qualification and certification
- Significant applied experience of:
- delivering complex technical projects or programs of work
- following and improving project and quality management frameworks
- project information systems (preferably MSProject, Atlassian JIRA, SAP C4C).
- Experience of engineering and technical disciplines including mechanical, electrical/electronic and software design and manufacture / development
- Relevant engineering or technical qualification
- Experience leading teams
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government NV clearance is required, which means you must be an Australian citizen.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits