|Location:||Melbourne - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Team Leader Project Engineering-Engineering Manager within our EIS/Workshop division, reporting into our South Melbourne office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
About the role
Responsible for the engineering and technical delivery of specific projects or project workstreams within the Engineering Services Program to a wide range of customers, working closely with other Team Leads, account managers and resource managers. You will deliver specified projects through distributed teams in a matrix environment. No initial direct reports, expected to grow as business grows.
- Manage the engineering / technical delivery for defined projects:
- Directly develop and deliver the engineering or technical solution for projects (c.50% of role)
- Develop and lead a high performing project engineering capability
- Deliver against, and report on, project performance targets
- Deliver engineering or technical solution estimates to support Business Winning activity
- Provide engineering management governance and assurance across relevant projects, in line with the QinetiQ Technical Management System
- Provide expert engineering and technical advice, guidance and mentoring
- Build long-term customer relationships by delivering on commitments
To be successful for this role, you will meet the following criteria:
- Credibility, integrity and high personal ethical standards that align with QinetiQ values
- Recognised and current engineering qualification and certification
- Significant applied experience of:
- delivering complex, technical solutions and project deliverables
- engineering and technical disciplines including at least two of:
- systems design and manufacture
- mechanical design and manufacture
- electrical and electronic design and manufacture
- mechatronics design and integration
- software design and development
- following and improving engineering/technical management frameworks
- Experience of applying a holistic, systems engineering approach to technical projects
Applications close on 7 June 2020.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits