Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you live and breathe information security? Want to battle cyber criminals every day? Want to work on important problems, your way? Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security intelligence capability and looking for smart, technical, people to help us build and run new monitoring/analytics systems. As a Security Intelligence Team Lead you'll help manage analysts and make contributions to our security team which watches over the our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services, hunts for signs of compromise and implements high-fidelity alerts. More than that, you'll be working with them to build new systems, develop automation and crush security problems you care about.
We would love for you to be a great developer and data analyst, but more importantly, you must be bright, motivated and love security. You should be comfortable writing code to get things done and not depend on third party products to do your job. You must have a solid understanding of network, system and application security and should be considered great in at least one by your peers.
In the role, you'll get to:
- Manage analysts on the security intelligence team
- Take on ownership of large deliverables and complex problems, and clearly break up the work into smaller tasks to be carried out with the rest of the team
- Strive toward improvement, question the way things are, and be a driver of change
- Get your hands dirty and contribute to technical support and your team's project delivery
- Mentoring and teach members of the team
- Develop and instil a culture of broad product ownership and operational maturity
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years experience working in security
- Have directly managed teams of 3+ people in a previous role
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Fluency in any modern programming languages (preferably Python, Ruby, Java or Go)
- Written code to complete security tasks
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service platform
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modelling
- Contributed to the security community or open source projects
- Data analytics experience
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.