Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Transport Infrastructure business based in Perth is in growth mode with a strong pipeline of exciting projects across the metro region and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to join a leading team who are making a mark on the Transport sector in WA.
The purpose of this role is to provide structural engineering design drafting, and contribute to successful project delivery within the Structural Engineering Section with a particular focus on Bridges and 3D drafting
- A minimum of 10 years structural drafting experience. Recent experience must include the documentation of a variety of bridge projects, but broad structural drafting experience including building infrastructure and maritime structures will be well regarded. Any crossover in to other disciplines such as civil design will also be a plus but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of bridge and structural drafting principles and standards
- Demonstrate a high level of experience and proficiency with CAD design software; 3D drafting and experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation is essential. Where not currently proficient the candidate will endeavour to upskill as fast as possible in BIM (specifically Revit).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of documentation within budget, program and quality constraints.
- Preferably have site or construction experience on bridge / structural projects
- Experience working directly with Delivery Partners (contractors) is preferable
- Willing and able to actively train/develop/mentor junior and intermediate drafters to grow our in-house bridge drafting capability
- Implementation of company Document Control systems
- Implementation of company systems and processes
- Ability to organise and establish priorities
- Proven capability to deliver design solutions from concept information with limited supervision and support
- Previous experience with the management and co-ordination of small teams while not essential would be beneficial to the growth of this role
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.