Last updated an hour ago
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Transport group employs more than 8,000 professionals who support clients with innovative solutions to efficiently move people and goods across the globe. We focus our efforts in Aviation, Bridge, Highway, Ports & Maritime, Planning Services, Transit & Rail and Tunnels.
Our Geotechnical team in Melbourne have a new opportunity for a Senior/Associate Geotechnical Engineer to help bolster our current market position. Reporting to the Section Leader for Geotechnical Engineering, this role will require you to be a senior member of the geotechnics practice taking on a key role as well as providing support and input to other parts of the business as required.
The role will involve\:
- Managing bid processes
- Winning and delivering work
- Mentoring and developing new and existing team members
- Promotion of knowledge sharing and technical excellence within Geotechnical Engineering
You will have responsibility for full management of a number of geotechnical projects including design of geotechnical issues, technical report writing, managing geotechnical works for both designers and contractors. You will also control project costs and ensure deadlines are met and work is completed to a high standard.
Key requirements for the role\:
- Relevant undergraduate degree as a minimum
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Experience in leadership and working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound experience in various areas of geotechnical investigation, analysis and design. Experience should include mining, tunnelling, slope risk assessment, dam engineering and associated infrastructure (earthworks, foundations, retention systems, slope stability, geological modelling, material parameter development, consolidation and settlement) projects.
- At least 10 years consulting experience predominantly in the field of geotechnical engineering and engineering geology.
- Sound understanding of relevant geotechnical standards and design software within areas of expertise.
- Sound interpersonal and technical management skills, demonstrated ability to lead a group of geotechnical engineers in delivering solutions.
- Positive track record in client management and development in consulting. Ability to build & maintain strong client & team relationships.
- Experience in planning and execution of projects and strategies to achieve business goals.
- A strong knowledge of the Australian market place, in particular industry and major Clients / delivery partners.
- Ability to develop a proven track record as an industry leader within the area of your specialist expertise.
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs