|Location:||Bay Of Plenty, Waikato|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. At Downer, Traffic Management offers a variety of career opportunities ranging from entry level operational roles to more technical roles specialising in the design and development of Traffic Management Plans. Our Traffic Management teams are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our clients and the general public whilst maintaining a Zero Harm environment.
With growth on the horizon as we move into the busy Summer season, we are seeking people to join our Hamilton and Tauranga crews as Traffic Controllers and Site Traffic Management Supervisors’ (STMS’).
We want motivated individuals interested in developing their career in the Traffic Management Industry. You will play an essential role in the safety of our operational staff and the community during Construction and Maintenance activities.
Along with a positive attitude and an interest in developing a career with Downer, you will also:
- Hold a Full Class 1 New Zealand Drivers licence
- Preferably hold a Traffic Management Qualification e.g. Traffic Controller 1, STMS 1, STMS 2/3 (Practicing or Non-Practicing)
- Come from a similar background in civil construction, roading or maintenance
- Preferably have some knowledge of Temporary Traffic Management allowing you to follow and promote CoPTTM compliance, but this can be trained
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable providing direction to your crew and the public
- Be flexible to work a variety of day, night and weekend shifts as and when required
Benefits of joining Downer
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- Job security in a permanent role, with a reliable employer
- Full time employment with a minimum of 40 hours guaranteed
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of exclusive discounts and employee offers across finance, retail and health
- We provide all you need to hit the ground running including Personal Protective Equipment
- The opportunity to travel and see the outstanding scenic regions New Zealand has to offer
How to apply?
If you enjoy the outdoors and working with a solid team, our Traffic Management opportunities could be the perfect next step for you! Visit www.downercareers.co.nz, enter 569765 into the keyword search and register your interest! Alternately, drop in your CV to your local depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.