|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent in supporting the RAN in sustaining their ANZAC fleet
- Utilise your effective influencing skills in this newly created role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation and interesting work within a strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role could be based in Williamstown, VIC or Henderson, WA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created role you will be a part of the Maritime Sustainment line of business and play a critical role within our ANZAC program.
In more specific terms you will:
- Develop and agree the rolling 3-month tender look ahead with the customer and communicate the rolling baseline to key internal stakeholders
- Be responsible for the overall quoting process within the program, ensuring all relevant internal stakeholders are driving their respective inputs and outputs into the process
- Communicate resourcing requirements to functional leads and the Operational Excellence team
- Be accountable for the bid process, including Adjustment Events, across the ANZAC Program and ensuring bids progress through the stages/gates efficiently
- Work closely with the relevant Project Managers, ensure the pricing and approvals are in accordance with our Lifecycle Management (LCM) process
- Create and evolve metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the quoting process
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to guide, challenge when necessary and influence key stakeholders at various levels, internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of PM fundamentals
- Commercially aware and can business partner
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tenders/bids effectively in a timely manner
- Baseline defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.