|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible & dynamic working environment
- Competitive Salary Package and Great Benefits
- Based in Western Sydney
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
About the Opportunity:
At TransGrid, we’re always on the lookout for talent procurement and category management professionals that are keen to deliver outstanding results for TransGrid, our customers and the community. With a promising pipeline of work, it’s never been a better opportunity to show your interest in joining our passionate and high performing team.
In partnership with the procurement team and business stakeholders, the Category Specialist supports activities to understand medium to long term business requirements and supports development of sourcing strategy options by analysing spend data, developing and implementing action plans and best practice supply management practices to realise objectives. The position is also tasked to support delivery of ongoing project based procurement, market engagement activities, evaluations and management of period and panel agreements. It also support interactions with major internal stakeholders and suppliers to understand requirements, drive compliance, and build mutually valuable relationships.
The role of a Category Specialist includes but not limited to:
- Procurement Planning and Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Category Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supplier Performance Management
What we are looking for from you:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering discipline. CIPS Accreditation considered an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement and supply chain environment with experience in supporting procurement category strategies and supplier relationship management activities, preferably in procurement for capital intensive industries.
- Strong analytical skills and command of analytical methodologies coupled with an understanding of market research
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels,
- Knowledge and experience with contemporary procurement and contract management systems, such as SAP, ELLIPSE, ARIBA, COUPA.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Good business sense, trustworthiness, professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Work Health & Safety and Environment policies and procedures
What you can expect from us:
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Generous leave options
- Access to sport and social clubs
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.