|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empowered. Innovative. Passionate. Disruptive. Open. Fun.
Join the Splunk Site Reliability Team as we continue our journey to bring Data To Everything by making machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone.
In the Site Reliability Team, you will work to configure and maintain, Splunk Cloud, our large scale, customer facing SaaS solution. We are a Sydney based team of passionate, empowered and fun engineers. Our team has skills in Cloud- especially AWS and GCP, and can do some basic coding - in GO, C++, Shell or Python. We know Linux like the back of our hands and some of us have even used Splunk before joining the team. We love Cloud Infrastructure including puppet and terraform and our team is located all over the world- Sydney, San Fran, London, and Texas.
We are looking for engineers who are
- Passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs when building and deploying systems.
- Innovative- you’re constantly thinking “How Can I automate this process”
- Knowledgeable of standard methodologies around security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Able to spot and investigate performance bottlenecks, anomalous system behaviour and root causes.
- Cloud First thinkers, engineers and architects who are familiar with AWS/GCP/Azure
- Ex- Systems Administrators, Network Engineers or DevOps Engineers
- Experienced in monitoring large environments using tools like Splunk and/or VictorOps
- Able to work with geographically dispersed or remote teams
- Problem Solvers able to prioritise and resolve critical customer issues
- Data driven- a love of data and data driven decisions drives you
Ideally, you will have
- Experience as a Linux System Administrator supporting enterprise platforms and systems
- Experience running complex systems in AWS including Amazon EC2.
- Experience with Python or Shell for scripting and Git or other version control systems
- Experience supporting customer facing SaaS infrastructure or another cloud related service
- Splunk knowledge!
- A strong work and study history
- Awesome opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer- we’re growing and so will you! We believe in growing our engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A team of empowered and dedicated peers both within your team and across our 6000+ strong organisation
- A stable, collaborative and open work environment- we work as a team and succeed as a team. We value each other and believe that everyone has a role to play in our success.
- Fun- We love celebrating success, and we see fun as an integral part of our identity as Splunkers.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.