|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mining Engineer Opportunities – Rio Tinto Iron Ore – Western Australia
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Residential and FIFO options to suit your lifestyle
- Join a team of hardworking & encouraging industry experts to learn and grow!
We want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. As well as paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, our rosters are crafted to help you live a lifestyle that works for you. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to develop your career, learn and develop.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
We are looking for high performing and driven Mining Engineers to play a part in the growth of our Mine Technical Services team at Rio Tinto Iron Ore. You will join us in driving technical leadership and collaboration, standardising leading technical practice through our processes and systems, and striving for technical excellence every day.
The range of opportunities includes:
- Mining Engineers
- Senior Mining Engineers
- Geotechnical Engineers
- Drill & Blast Engineers
- Mine Planners and Mine Schedulers
What you’ll bring
- Dedication to the safety of yourself and your team
- A Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience in open pit mining operations
- Some experience in drill and blast engineering or mine planning and mine scheduling
- Exposure to mine design or mine planning related software
- Proficiency across MS software
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Ability to work in a team
- A natural curiosity and willingness to ask questions
- A current ‘C’ class Australian driver’s licence
If you are looking for your next technical or leadership challenge, no matter where you are in your career we would love to hear from you.
What’s on offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Opportunity to be part of the world’s largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading performance and technology. Our iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.
FIFO rosters offered are currently dependent on operational requirementsand may be subject to change in the future. Roles are only available to thoseeither willing to relocate to or those currently residing in Western Australia.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.