|Job Type:||Full Time|
Officer Tenure Maintenance
- Integral part of a high performing team
- Fixed Term, Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time Opportunities available - Perth CBD
About the role
We are looking for an Officer Tenure Maintenance to join the State Agreements and Approvals team within Rio Tinto. This role will assist with ensuring land tenure assets are managed effectively to ensure security and to enable the continued growth of Rio Tinto’s business within Western Australia.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who possesses the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, maintain flexibility to adapt to changing business conditions and work collaboratively with other business units. Working a 5 days on / 2 off roster and reporting to the Superintendent Tenure Management, you will be:
- Managing the tenure obligations database, monitoring and recording compliance with the deadlines along with preparing monthly reports
- Formulating tenement applications in compliance with statutory requirements and time constraints
- Preparing and lodging statutory documents and correspondence relating to tenure obligations
- Fostering relationships with technical and support staff to ensure timely receipt of supporting documentation
- Performing general administration duties which include document control, scanning, filing, coordinating meetings and taking minutes
- Complying with all HSEQ systems, chairing of and contribution to team and safety meetings
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Experience working with the Mining Act, Land Administration Act or State Agreement Act or associated processes
- Proven experience in a role where accuracy and timeliness are paramount
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Extensive administrative experience, or experience working within a strict regulatory or compliance environment
- Experience using Mineral Titles Online, WAMEX and LANDGATE
- Experience using TENGRAPH, ArcGIS or similar mapping systems
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Join our global leading business where we empower you to grow, make a difference and implement positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.