|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Specialised role in the Northern Project Office
- Permanent Full Time opportunity, located in Newcastle
- Play an integral role in development of $3Billion worth of projects
As the lead agency of the NSW transport cluster, Transport for NSW is responsible for coordinating transport services used by over 7.5 million residents, 800,000 businesses and 30 million visitors every year. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
The Infrastructure and Place division is in the process of delivering an ambitious and once-in-a generation $28 billion program of public infrastructure works which will ease congestion, improve safety, create new places and connect communities for generations to come.
This is a truly exciting time to be joining the Northern Project Office as we continue to develop and deliver over $3Billion worth of infrastructure projects throughout the region. Right now, we have an opportunity for a Senior Project Development Officer to join the Northern Project Office in a critical role.
In this role, you’ll be conducting project development activities for large road projects, in conjunction with the Senior Project Development Manager or Project Development Manager. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that projects are development in accordance with TfNSW guidelines, in order to ensure quality outcomes are reached.
What you will be involved in
- Deliver detailed project development briefs and monitor the quality of design and other work by professional service contractors or internal service providers to ensure designs meet agreed criteria, benefits and user requirements
- Contribute to the development and implementation of community engagement plans to ensure effective community consultation in the development phase of projects, and interact with affected community members.
- Deliver regular project monitoring and reporting progress to the Senior Project Development Manager or Project Development Manager to contribute to ensuring cost effective project resource procurement, projects provide value for money, are implemented to agreed time, cost and quality and are consistent with operational and maintenance requirements.
Tertiary qualified in Civil Engineering (preferred), Project Management or a related discipline, you’ll be a seasoned professional at project development and evaluation. You will be able to demonstrate experience in developing detailed project development briefs, and knowledge of road transport projects is preferred.
This is a specialist role therefore you’ll need to have experience in a similar role, preferably in a complex organisation delivering multiple projects or another public sector department. You will be skilled in operating autonomously, have the aptitude to determine day to day work priorities, feel confident on prioritising issues and will be able to deal with complex matters by liaising with Project counterparts to work together on solutions.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is USS 9 ($111,806 - $120,194) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Eliza Keefe on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:59pm on Wednesday, 27 May 2020