|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in our Cairns Asphalt team and reporting to the Area Manager, we are looking for an experienced Asphalt Plant Operator . In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the production requirements meet both manufacturing costs and customer expectations. You must be customer focused and be able to prioritise your workload with an emphasis on conducting yourself safely at all times.
- Accurate batching of orders to specified mix designs and utilizing the docket despatch system;
- Day-to-day administration of the Asphalt Plant including stock control of raw materials;
- Mixing of the correct mix and allocating trucks to ensure the smooth operation for Boral and our customers and,
- General yard and plant housekeeping and maintenance, along with the safe operation of a front end loader.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant batching and/or asphalt industry experience;
- A strong commitment to safety and the environment along with a superior customer focus;
- FEL ticket (desirable);
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to multitask and prioritise competing deadlines;
- Flexibility to work Monday to Saturday and on shifts when required;
Why join the Boral team?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with a long term career path
- Training with genuine career development opportunities
- Perm role with an attractive hourly rate
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au