|Job Type:||Full Time|
Powerlink is Queensland’s high-voltage electricity transmission company. We are a well-established Government Owned Corporation with aspirational goals to embed innovation into our day to day business to provide a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money. We are looking for someone who can help us deliver a challenging, innovative operational technology project.
The purpose of the Fault Management Analyst is to provide services in the areas of Network Incident Management, Condition Monitoring and Network Performance reporting. This role is fundamental in providing rapid response incident management services for Powerlink’s Transmission and operational networks.
Working closely with the Power System Operations Control Centre and liaising with field maintenance teams you will have access to the latest remote monitoring technologies and information tools to assist you in providing real time analysis of faults with high voltage plant, control, protection and communications systems.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Management of network incidents including identification, receipt of advice, analysis, risk assessment, prioritisation, management of response, rectification and investigation activities.
- Proactive communication with a variety of key stakeholders, to ensure effective information sharing and clear lines of command and control including operational information and technical advice/recommendations.
- Remote gathering of data (disturbance records, protection relay information, substation control system data, plant specific monitoring data from intelligent electronic devices) and analysis to facilitate decision-making.
- Undertake major incident coordination services including plant failures, post natural disaster rectifications, asset population issues and other complex and significant network incidents.
Ideally, you will have experience working collaboratively within a technical team environment, preferably with operational risk and incident management knowledge in an electricity transmission and operational technology network environment.
In order to effectively achieve business outcomes within agreed timeframes, you will also have strong IT skills with the ability to analyse data, perceive connections and relationships, identify critical issues, and cognitively analyse a given situation.
You must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering and extensive knowledge of high voltage plant, secondary systems and communications equipment.
- Extensive electricity supply industry experience in substation maintenance and operations.
- Experience in the operation of electricity transmission and operational technology networks.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of electricity transmission network plant and associated equipment maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated commercial knowledge and understanding of legal liabilities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of regulatory and statutory obligations of Powerlink.
Powerlink provides a working environment that embraces and values a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer benefits to ensure your professional development and well-being, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional training and development opportunities for future career growth
- Attractive remuneration package
Initially, the successful applicant will be working from home with the support of a fantastic team and effective collaboration tools.
When staff can be safely reintegrated into the Virginia site following the COVID-19 pandemic, you will also enjoy the additional benefits of our excellent site-based facilities, including free and secure on-site parking, cafeteria and gym.
If this sounds like you, and you are interested in joining a supportive, collaborative team, we encourage you to submit an application by clicking "apply now". Applications close 5:00pm Monday 25th May 2020.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.