|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join a leading Defence industry organisation
- Be part of speciality team delivering asset system optimisation
- Garden Island, Sydney Location
Apply your talent where it counts as an Asset Performance Analyst in our Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program team who are located Garden Island, Sydney.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
BAE Systems Australia are the managing contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions-focused and are looking for an Asset Performance Analyst (Finance) join the team. The Asset Performance Analyst (Finance) will collect and analyse costs data to support Life Cycle cost modelling activities and other related analysis activities that will contribute to the long-term optimization of cost outcomes for Guided Missile Destroyers (DDG) class ship and shore systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Complete data processing and analysis activities (data cleansing, manipulation, validation, statistical analysis, reporting)
- Liaise with Finance personnel to collect relevant costs data for analysis purpose
- Collect required activities and costs data from subcontractors for analysis purposes
- Prepare Performance Measure reports
- Define, implement, populate, use, verify and validate analysis reports and associated data sets
- Assist in the preparation of reports to support business cases and decision making using the outputs from analysis activities
- Assist project planning and budgeting activities in the APG team.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Formal degree or diploma level qualifications in project management, engineering, finance or science wiht experience within a large compex engineering project/program
- Familiarity with the collection, manipulation and quantitative analysis of costs data
- Experience in conducting data analysis and developing analysis reports
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical software quickly
- Strong team orientation, written and verbal communciation skills with an ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to think outside the square and use initiative to solve complex problems
Whilst not essential, a familiarity with Defence engineering, maintenance or financial policies and procedures is desirable. Also highly regarded will be exposure to Defence Navy maintenance management environments (AMPS, MILIS etc.)
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.