Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The URDEF (Urgent Defect) Manager is responsible for the effective management of all Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) Class URDEFs. They will establish and maintain a 24-hour help desk for ship support to URDEFs.
The URDEF Manager is accountable for ensuring LHD ACPC URDEF Performance targets are maintained. They are the signal addressee for all URDEFs.The incumbent will be required to undertake training in the use of the Asset Management and Planning Systems (AMPS). The individual will need to utilise AMPS to obtain data and to create and request various types of reports at the AMPS Administrator Level.
- URDEF management to ensure all prioritised URDEFs are addressed in expected response time frames and all stakeholders are appraised of actions to resolve
- Working collaboratively with all parties involved in rectification of URDEFs to ensure best value response for the client Manage the 24-hour help desk service
- Management of Rectification Plans to support Priority 1 and Priority 2 URDEFs
- Management of task services to support the URDEF requirements
- Responsible for LHD ACPC URDEF performance
- Signal addressee for all LHD Class URDEFs
- Ensuring the impact of change and subsequent risks/benefits are agreed, managed and communicated through each stage of the URDEF rectification process
- Communicating timely and accurate URDEF performance information.
- Ability to effectively lead an Integrated Project Team and deliver ‘best practice’ outcomes
- Proven ability to make robust judgements coupled with superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor to meet customer expectations
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working within the Australian Defence environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong project management, time management and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- A proven ability to operate effectively in a service delivery, performance-based contract environment
- A strong understanding of the Australian Defence environment and Commonwealth processes
- A highly developed understanding of working within a ship maintenance support/delivery environment
- Proven ability to effectively implement change management to deliver efficiencies across the enterprise
- Demonstrable ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Proven ability to undertaken effective stakeholder engagement across a broad base of stakeholders
- Proven ability to maintain contract deliverables to high technical and quality standards
- Experience in contract cost control/reporting
- Excellent LHD product and systems knowledge
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen