|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
As Category Manager you are responsible for the continual improvement of our range, and for managing all aspects of product, price, promotions and placement.
You will develop and lead their team to deliver targets on sales growth, profitability and market share through collaboration with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing & implementing customer centred category plans and reviews
- Sourcing products that are customer centric and provide a competitive advantage
- Negotiating with Suppliers on range, COGs and promotional investment
- Collaboration with the various cross functional teams e.g. Marketing, Online, Replenishment, Customer Insights etc
- The financial KPIs for the category across sales, profit, inventory and market share
- Non-financial KPIs for people development, Voice of Supplier, Voice of Team and Voice of Customer
- Ensuring all products meet legal and statutory obligations
- Resolve customer and store issues promptly and effectively
- Effective management of other team members
To be successful in this role:
- Proven buying experience at a Category Manager level, in a large supermarket/ FMCG environment or have been identified as a high performing Assistant Category Manager ready for their first Category Management appointment
- Success in developing and executing a clear customer focused Category Plan that is aligned to the overarching divisional strategy and based on sound commercial insights / data
- A strong background and demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence with cross functional and external stakeholders at all levels across the business
- A passion for product and product development and at the forefront of innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to coach and develop a high performing category team and develop a culture where the customer is the focus and at the centre of all decisions made.
- Highly organised and capable of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong commercial acumen and proficient with excel and google environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.