|Job Type:||Full Time|
Coming out of lockdown and looking for a change of career? Our Nelson crew is growing with a large pipeline of construction projects coming our way, including significant stormwater, water and wastewater upgrades along with other exciting projects to keep us busy!
With this being said, we have an exciting new opportunity for a keen and eager Drain layer or Water Service person to join our Nelson team.
This is a 'hands on' role where you will lead a crew tasked with delivering a range of our water construction projects for both external clients and on our existing and new contracts on the way. You will plan, organise, direct and lead activities and operations of the team to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers and that production targets are met.
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary, including vehicle, plus overtime and other benefits
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression to those who work hard and demonstrate willingness to learn as we have both internal & external programmes available
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
Along with your experience in Drain laying and/or as a Water Services Technician there are a few essentials to what we are looking for, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You will be a qualified drain layer or water service person with a background in 3 water’s
- Hold a class 1-2 full New Zealand Drivers licence with WTR endorsements
- High standard of workmanship
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong safety and quality focus
If you have experience in leading a team then we want to hear from you!
Don't delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer, APPLY NOW! Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 569511 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.