|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Sydney based role with flexible work arrangements
- Suits an experienced Cloud Engineer with experience in automation & scripting
About the Role
Reporting through to the BOQ Specialist IT Infrastructure Manager, the Senior Cloud Systems Engineer will assist the Enterprise Architecture team with planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
This role will oversee the management of the cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
Specific duties will include:
- The design, automation and execution of repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
- Documenting operational processes and procedures
- Mentoring peers and educating internal customers on cloud technologies
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems
- Contributing to the corporate Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the business.
- Staying abreast of current industry trends and making recommendations as needed to help the infrastructure and the business stay optimal.
This role is suited to an individual with a demontrated background in designing cloud based environments according to project requirements.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in building CI/CD pipeline automation in tools like Jenkins/Cloudbees with scripting languages such as Groovy, Ruby, or Python.
- Prior exposure to working within DevOps team and organisations with applied Agile development practices
- In depth, practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.