|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Own Brand Manager - Food Services (12 Month Secondment)
About the Role
This role is at the forefront of defining and developing the emerging food service category within Woolworths and Metro stores covering Food-to-Go initiatives from Hot Roast Chickens, Fresh Made Sandwiches and Barista Made Coffee along with broader food service concepts being developed in our flagship and concept stores.
You will be leading a strong team with extensive Food Service experience so we are looking for someone with well developed leadership and strategic skills, strong knowledge of the Food-to-Go and “Grocerant” markets both within Australia and Internationally along with a strong operational and commercial background.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Refining the strategy and developing the plan with your commercial team counterparts for food service within Supermarkets and Metro. Bringing the plan to life across the Woolworths Food Group and building the team and business case that will deliver success.
- Development and implementation of a merchandising model for our food service offer
- Set the operational standards required for food service in our stores
- Recommend and implement the best operating model for our business and undertake development planning to roll out the food service offer
- Work closely with our Format teams to ensure that design and fit out fits with our offering
- Scope equipment, layout, packaging and consumables to ensure an efficient operation
- Work with our Food Innovators team on cuisines and menus and then execute these in store
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure instore and external communications effectively support our food service offer
- Work collaboratively with the store operations teams to ensure a seamless execution with all other elements of the store
You’re driven to help our teams put our customers first and passionate about being part of a team of great people.
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of the transformation of one of Australia’s biggest companies.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers and suppliers and translate thoughts into actionable plans, testing ideas, delivering and continuously learning.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with success and experience in setting and delivering financial budgets, margin mix and supplier funding
- Ability to define plans and shape initiatives through setting strategic direction and tactics for the business unit
- Experience and success in negotiating with individuals or groups that are extremely important for the organisations future
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application. Closing date for applications is Friday 29th May 2020.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.