Ashurst is a leading global firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
About the team:
Ashurst’s newly created Risk Advisory practice will operate as an independent advisory function, and an adjacent function to the firm’s legal practices. It will benefit from the firm’s deep-rooted network and profound expertise within the already well-established financial regulatory practice. We pride ourselves on “thinking differently” and as part of our core values, we live and breathe collaboration between practices, both nationally and globally. The Risk Advisory practice will benefit from our reputation for excellence and in turn, offer an alternative and pioneering risk consulting solutions into the firm’s client base.
We are a highly diverse team combining various personalities, cultural upbringing and professional backgrounds spanning business to business, professional services and hands-on industry expertise. Our diverse perspectives and experiences enhance the outcomes we achieve and make us a fun, inclusive and adaptable team. Building a ‘first of its kind’ Risk Advisory team will underpin our mission to be the most progressive global law firm
About the opportunity:
We are looking to attract outstanding candidates at our Sydney & Melbourne office locations to become one of the firm’s inaugural Risk Advisory Directors. As a Director, you will be accountable to deliver non-financial risk consulting solutions into the financial services industry in Australia including, but not limited to, operational risk, regulatory risk, RegTech, risk transformation, compliance and conduct risk.
The Director will be responsible for leading client relationships, delivering enterprise risk solutions, as well as contribute to the growth and development of the Risk Advisory practice in Australia.
This appointment requires an individual with natural gravitas and executive presence, developed by influencing and leading engagements with Boards, C-suite and large internal team. Operating as a Director within Ashurst’s new and evolving risk consulting practice, your day will vary greatly. You will work closely with the Partners to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the practice. Your days will be busy and challenging, but the rewards can be exceptional.
More information on the role can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
About the candidate:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, high performing Director who can bring with them the following:
Essential skills and experience:
- The ability to “Think Differently, offering out- of-the-box solutions aligning to risk, regulation, operational resilience and digital disturbance
- An ability to create, foster and develop client relationships, offering alternative and pioneering risk advisory solutions
- Knowledge of all facets of non-financial risk management including operational risk, regulatory risk, compliance and conduct risk
- An aptitude for managing multiple projects, project teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in developing commercial frameworks, tender strategies and financial modelling.
- Strong commercial acumen, report writing and presentation skills
People management and support:
- Independently lead project teams, delivering complete engagements including billing, work-in-progress, fee negotiation and risk management
- Coach, develop and contribute to the learning, growth and development of direct reports in the practice’s risk advisory team
- Mentor, coach and lead a high performing team.
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of collaboration, excellence, innovation, integrity and accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients and behaviour. At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.