|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’ve just won the NZTA contract to cover the Taranaki region which means we have the next 9 years’ of guaranteed work. We’re looking for out next Project Manager, who will have previous experience in roading type construction and will be at a supervisory level looking for the next move.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary with a company vehicle
- Scope for development opportunities with guidance and support from well-established Contract & Project Managers.
- Able to work locally which means no travel required!
- Opportunity to make a name in the industry
About the role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will own this role and create a unique portfolio. There’s a significant scope for the work we do with our stakeholders & customers and your role will be to liaise with them and develop strategic relationships on a weekly basis to scope for more work and price any possible work. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Identify, research and develop opportunities and new business for growth of the Downer capabilities in Taranaki region.
- Manage the Project from start to finish including early engagement, providing preliminary designs and final close-out.
- Ensure health and safety of your teams and members of the public
What can you bring to this role?
You’ll bring your civil construction or roading experience however large or small that may be. Plus, bring a “sales” talent to the table to be an effective influencing communicator or someone who’s got the gift of the gab and is not scared of challenges.
This not a faint-hearted role and requires resilience and patience but is definitely rewarding at the end of the day and gives you the opportunity to see parts of the network that nobody’s seen before. Such opportunities don’t come often and if you’re someone who enjoys sales, project management and the construction industry, then we want to hear from you!
To apply visit our careers page at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 569570.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.