|Job Type:||Full Time|
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers.
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it and we breathe it. If you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
As our Cloud Site Realibility Engineer within the Service Operations and Infrastructure Group you will be responsible for providing hands on technical expertise in Infrastructure.As an experienced Subject Matter Expert in cloud tools (SME), you will be heavily involved in Devops Tools support, management, administration and continuous improvement of the tools that run Woolworths’s Multi Cloud environments.
Leveraging our relationships with strategic partners ensuring best practices are followed, promoting automation and proactive activities, as well as handling support escalations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operational oversight of configuration, pipeline, orchestration and containerisation Management.
- ITIL service operations responsibility for Woolworths cloud environments including risk and issue, incident, problem,availability and change management.
- Operational maintenance and smooth running of Woolworths multi cloud tools, including continual service improvement.
- Service transition of new and changed Tools and Services into BAU Operations.
- Adherence to IT service management disciplines and company methodologies.
- Ensure that the culture of customer service and satisfaction is maintained at all times, with responsiveness to customer needs and pro-activity to business and technical requirements.
- Manage escalations hierarchical and process related escalations.
- Provide after hours support as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the Service Operations and Infrastructure (SOI) area
- Excellent understanding of networking, identity, and security practices in the cloud.
- Strong hands-on expertise with 'Infrastructure as Code' and 'Configuration as Code', e.g YAML, JSON
- Strong hands-on expertise with source control, e.g. GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Strong hands-on automation and orchestration tools and CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Azure DevOps, Ansible Tower, HashiCorpPacker, Terraform Enterprise, JFrog Artifactory, etc.
- Excellent grip on secret management tools, e.g. Azure KeyVault, Hashicorp Vault, etc
- Strong analytical, statistical and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing demands.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience and firm grip on DevOps best practices and architectural patterns that support these practices
- Strong experience in managing services that scales on public cloud
- Professional DevOps certifications
- Experience in large scale enterprise environments
- IT Service Operations (eg. ITIL v4) - Relevant degree qualification or equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience in Enterprise Cloud Platform Management or Support
- Demonstrated experience in managing Customer relationships and driving outcomes
- Experience in project life cycle and transitioning to BAU Operations
- A strong track record operating in Large Enterprise hosting and cloud environments
- Previous experience working in a multi sourced environment
- Big bonus if you have experience with Terraform and Packer
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.