|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We employ more than 53,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa.
Transport Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Due to large scale projects coming online we are now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Plant Manager to join our progressive Rail / Civil Infrastructure team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions.
You will have an exciting opportunity to join rail Metronet team and commence early on the project as part of a plan, design and construct rail team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
Your key responsibilities:
- To ensure the safe, consistent and efficient operation of our mobile equipment fleet across assigned NEWest Alliance.
- Providing leadership to introduce technical changes as required with the mobile plant group;
- Assisting the Regional Plant & Asset Manager with the management of the plant fleet and branch assets to ensure plant availability meets requirements;
- Ensure subcontractors are managed in an effective and responsive manner to achieve workshop facility objectives
- Provide advice and service to Plant Managers and/or Project Managers on the financial and physical performance of the plant and equipment on their site
- Understanding the daily work program and directing/allocating staff as appropriate
- Ensure Mandatory inspections on equipment and work area are carried out as per relevant legislation and CPB Policies,
- Generate work orders, work schedules through the CPB Maintenance Management System (JDE) and allocate resources to complete the work schedule within time and Budget.
- Implement planned maintenance systems to ensure CPB requirements are satisfied; and
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors.
- Possess a recognised apprenticeship in a mechanical trade with appropriate trade certificate;
- Have a construction white card or local equivalent;
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety;
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a workshop and/or construction environment with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire subordinates;
- High level organisation skills with significant logistical experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanour under pressure;
- Extensive experience in the assessment of condition of plant, equipment, light vehicles and trucks;
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills;
- Must be able to plan and prioritise workloads in an ever changing environment; and
- Intermediate level computer skills with significant exposure to the MS Office suite of applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse, enjoyable and supportive workplace culture. Downer believes in our people; and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Belinda.Rowan@downergroup.com
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES