|Job Type:||Full Time|
A great place to grow
- Provide proactive property management solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Customer centric focus in a fast paced and changing environment
- Enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
The Woolworths Property group is accountable for all property undertakings for the organisation. It exists to provide comprehensive proactive property solutions to support Woolworths Retail businesses and their future growth. The Woolworths Property team benefits from a strength of experience and a diversity of team members that contribute to execute a high output of property outcomes for the organisation.
We are currently seeking a detail-driven, high performing Property Manager to join our NSW/ACT Property team. Reporting to one of our Regional Property Managers, you will assist in strategically growing the business. You’ll do this through the delivery of new stores and optimisation of the existing network, together supporting the retail operations team, through effective and professional property management duties.
The Property Manager role will have the opportunity to learn and execute day to day support to a wide range of landlords, from institutional to single net worth investors. You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the Regional Property Manager to develop and collaborate on the property reviews that outlines our network objectives for new and existing stores.
- Assisting the Regional Property Manager in the implementation of the Property Plan and Renewal Plan for Supermarkets.
- Preparation of business proposals to senior management for new store and store refurbishment projects.
- The achievement of owner contributions toward refurbishments at end of lease cycle.
- Ensuring Lease structures are consistent with the Property Negotiation Criteria and enhance our long term competitive position.
- Monitoring and ensuring Landlord obligations under leases are being met with regard to repair & maintenance and protection of trading amenity
- Negotiating the best commercial outcome for the business when dealing with external stakeholders including documenting through formal legal agreements.
- Maintaining and growing key relationships with centre managers and our Landlords.
- Providing accurate reporting to management of key performance criteria and market conditions
- Identifying opportunities to improve the amenity of our stores for customers and team, as well as identifying strategies to implement these improvements.
- Identifying issues that affect delivery of a project and ensuring they are escalated for resolution in a timely manner.
- Attending to lease administration issues, landlord and customer queries /issues in a timely manner.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a driven, customer centric property manager with a passion for improving the patronage of our businesses. You’ll demonstrate strong commercial experience, exposure to the negotiation of property legal agreements and knowledge of the property market gained from your solid experience in the property industry.
Your exceptional financial skills including modelling and the ability to develop budgets coupled with excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills will set you up for success to achieve results and productive relations. We’re also looking for someone who has experience in presenting proposals in a clear, simple written and oral form, with sound economic justification, in a timely manner and is accepting of the accountability for the team’s outcome.
Knowledge of NSW/ACT Planning system and a degree qualification in Property, Business, Commerce or a related discipline will be highly regarded, as will a sound level of experience within retail property management and exposure to the development environment. Finally, you’ll demonstrate exceptional written skills to provide effective and clear reporting within the business combined with strong external correspondence and the ability to establish and grow strong relationships and a desire to succeed in a competitive environment.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.