|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Innovative software engineering work on technology research and development projects
- Great opportunity for an experienced software professional to strengthen their software engineering skills/knowledge
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer/Developer in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Future Technologies Group is a hub of innovation and exciting projects – the technology research and development projects we are working on are truly interesting and unique. You will be part of a vibrant team, with the opportunity to utilise your software engineering experience, be exposed to career expanding opportunities and strengthen your software engineering knowledge base. This key position will report to the Engineering Manager - Technology Development and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. A part-time arrangement will also be considered to accommodate your lifestyle needs.
This opportunity will see you be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, including:
- Performing technology research and development software activities
- Delivering allocated software engineering work packages and artefacts
- Performing software requirements analysis and writing specifications
- Undertaking architectural and detailed design of software components
- Developing software components and debugging software
- Undertaking software verification and validation
- Managing project infrastructure and tooling
- Supporting the integration of software and hardware components
- Collaborating with the wider engineering team and independently reviewing peer's work
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A relevant university degree coupled with demonstrated experience in software engineering or software development
- Experience in developing software in a variety of technologies such as C++, C, Python, HMI, Atlassian suite or MATLAB
- Enthusiasm, drive, sound organisational skills and the ability to work well autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
Whilst not essential, software engineering/development experience within a technology research and development environment or within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.