|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster, with residential or DIDO options available.
We are currently looking to hire multiple mechanical maintenance technicians in our Mine Maintenance department. The position will report to the Supervisor of the Drill Maintenance Team. You will work closely with Mine personnel, helping with scheduled maintenance and servicing of the drill rig, as well as any unplanned maintenance and breakdowns within the area.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Assist with any planned maintenance and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provide mechanical trade skills to perform unplanned or breakdown maintenance
- Be comfortable in an underground role
- Work with your team to a high level of accountability and be able to build strong team relationships
- Provide Feedback to the Shift Maintenance Supervisors on Job progress
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Heavy Mechanical Maintenance experience is required, previous drill rig background highly regarded
- Crane, FL and HR Licence also advantageous
- Solid time management skills and be able to prioritise
- MUST demonstrate a high standard of safety culture
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate well across multiple levels and disciplines
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.