|Job Type:||Full Time|
Torrens Connect will deliver simpler, faster and more connected journeys for people living, working and visiting Adelaide.
Combined with local expertise in Adelaide, Torrens Connect is Australia’s largest bus operation and the only operator which has successfully expanded internationally to Singapore and London.
From July, Torrens Connect will operate and maintain Adelaide’s North-South tram and bus network and will carry out operations and maintenance on the Adelaide trams networks.
About the role
Based at our site in Glengowrie and reporting into the HR Manager we are looking for an experienced Payroll/HR Officer to support and join our team within a brand-new Operations in Adelaide.
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative team that will offer excellent working conditions within a robust culture.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be responsible for processing weekly & monthly payroll.
This is a full time position for an immediate start.
Your daily responsibilities will include
- Manage the processing of the weekly payroll cycles of an employee base up to 140 of both salary and award employees
- Provide advice through accurate award and EBA interpretation
- Manage varying complex payroll calculation in relation to terminations, redundancies, entitlements and deductions, and completing necessary compliance documentation
- Review payroll data from the time and attendance system
- Coordinating and supporting the HR team with any administrative HR or Payroll tasks
- Provide payroll information and reports
- Provide any innovative improvements in the practices and administration of systems and integration
- Adhoc administration tasks and projects as directed by the HR team
You will be a proactive and engaging administrator with previous experience in a similar role ideally having excellent payroll experience whilst supporting within a HR function.
You will also have;
- Processing of payroll experience with an employee base exceeding up to 150 of both salary and award employees
- Experience using PayGlobal (MYOB)
- Previous experience and working knowledge using a payroll system & legislations
- Strong MS Skills particularly with Word and Excel
- Previous experience interpreting EBA and awards whilst offering accurate information to the organisation
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- A can-do attitude and exceptional organisational skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work unsupervised
What we offer
When you join you will be part of a project that is delivering a simpler, faster and more connected journey for people living, working and visiting Adelaide.
You will also get;
- The opportunity to work on a new project and influence its success
- Flexible work arrangements and a culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving market changes and new technologies
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
How to Apply
If you want to be part of an organisation that appreciates the diversity and richness of its people and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills, please click the apply button and send in a copy of your resume and cover letter
Job Reference; 239641