|Job Type:||Full Time|
Internal Dispute Resolution Specialist
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
This role is primarily responsible for the effective day to day review and resolution of IDR customer complaints received by TAL. This includes complaints received from Retail, Direct, and Group customers and related Alliance partners.
The Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Manager’s primary function is to engage with our customers directly to ensure complaints are resolved quickly, fairly and consistently. The IDR Manager is also responsible for ensuring IDR responses meets TAL’s processes, procedures and expectations and is continually improving.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all TAL complaints are resolved quickly, fairly and effectively based on TAL’s IDR procedures, ASIC RG165, the Life Insurance Code of Practice and comply with the AS/NZS 10002:2014 Guidelines for Complaint Management in Organizations and ISO 10002:2014 (International Standard)
- Undertaking thorough and timely investigations of customer complaints, including liaising with relevant business units, obtaining and reviewing relevant information, communicating with the customer and undertaking an independent review
- Engaging in verbal and written communications with the customer, including acting as a contact point for call escalations and debriefing.
- Providing necessary complaints support /training/coaching/feedback to team via peer review where required
- Advising customers of their rights including their ability to lodge their complaint with an external dispute resolution scheme
- Identifying and reporting systemic issues
- Recording of complaints accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring all documentation produced is of a high standard
- Maintaining TAL complaints register
- Contribution to complaints reports
- Provide necessary complaints guidance /training/coaching/feedback to the business re the complaints process where required
- Identify trends to ensure continuous improvements in complaint resolution.
- Act as key liaison with the legal and the risk team Acting as a key stakeholder to liaise with the Claims teams to ensure effective and collaborative outcomes.
- Identify and analyse root cause of complaints, engage stakeholders on recommendations and drive implementation of continuous improvement activities
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High level complaints management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shows resilience, drive and commitment with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured team environment
- Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by motivation and energy
- Excellent analytical, investigation, conciliation, negotiation and numeric skills
- High level analytical ability to understand and assimilate and solve issues quickly
- Ability to think ahead to establish efficient and appropriate actions for self and impart this knowledge to others
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a professional and empathetic manner
- Act as a contact point for call escalations and debriefing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly functioning team
- A legal qualification and claims experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory guide 165, consumer protection laws relating to financial products and services, AFCA approaches and relevant industry codes of practice
- Understanding of the products and services offered by the financial firm
- Display empathy, respect and courtesy
- Display an awareness of cultural differences and the ability to identify and assist complainants who need additional assistance.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.