|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Hardware Engineer in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a savvy Hardware Engineer to make a valuable contribution and partner with our Wide Area Surveillance business. You will be an integral member of our engineering team which maintains the existing fleet of developed radar products as well as develop the future catalogue of radar products for the export market. This rewarding role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Deliver allocated hardware engineering work packages and artefacts
- Design and develop hardware systems and equipment
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in design and requirements reviews
- Perform functional analysis activities to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Undertake architectural and detailed design of hardware components
- Undertake the engineering management of the electronic/electrical systems and equipment manufacture from the hardware implementation
- Support the integration and validation of the hardware system and equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Perform the engineering qualification activities and the analysis of results
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Collaborate with the wider engineering team and independently review peer's work
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive hardware, electrical, electronics or mechatronics engineering experience
- A relevant tertiary degree level engineering qualification
- Systems engineering experience and a sound understanding of systems engineering processes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience or engineering experience working on radar products will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.