|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Director, High Growth & Emerging Corporate
- A Unique role with exposure across complex and sophisticated customer groups
- Great career development and leadership role
About the role:
NAB's High Growth & Emerging Corporate customers are provided with funding solutions, insights and services to enable them to build successful and sustainable businesses. As the Director, you will be a practiced expert who has a demonstrable ability for making things simple for your customers, you will have a deep passion for executing complex transactions across your portfolio of approximately 15 customers. Working within a team of 10, you will also provide coaching and mentoring to a team of highly experienced and professional bankers whilst assisting the Managing Partner to deliver to our customers.
This is a leadership role, and will provide scope to influence, deliver strategic outcomes and coach and mentor from a matrix position.
What we’re looking for in our future talent:
- Diversity of thought and strength of voice in the business circles in which you operate
- Inspirational leaders to build relationships with customers/stakeholders and team members that endure
- Adaptable to new solutions and naturally collaborative
- You are seeking the new challenge of using your commercial savvy to build a winning culture that will endure
- Hands-on experience in understanding finance, accounting and credit
- Well-developed coaching skills and the capacity to develop the technical expertise of your team
- Strong communication skills
- Provide Deal Structuring advice & support across NAB Partners and Growth Sectors to help deliver complex transactions
- Coaching and mentoring experienced bankers and ensuring a positive culture within the team
- Influence across NAB Group to deliver the ONE NAB customer proposition whilst supporting the strategy around growing and deepening the industry specialisation
- Exercise DCA for credit submissions and client excesses
- Meeting with customers and working closely with the Managing Partner and Relationship Banker’s
- Monitor credit quality and managing risk
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer for LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI , endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180 , have an African Australian Inclusion Program. We offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, from education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts. For more information please visit us here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as “remote” due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.