|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
Laing O’Rourke are recruiting for a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join our Level Crossing Removal team based in Lilydale, VIC.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), has been awarded the contract to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing at Toorak Road and deliver a new $89M rail bridge over the road, and is also working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Implement the project HSE Management Plans and associated sub plans.
- Develop audit schedules and assist in the undertaking of HSE audits and support the project in developing and closing out any actions arising.
- Understand and implement HSE legislation, LORS HSEMS and associated client procedures.
- Able to complete, supervise and mentor accident investigations up to and including Potential Class 1
- Assist with preparation of SWMS and Construction Method Statements to encompass the relevant construction processes.
- Conduct risk assessment workshops
- Ensure all staff and supply chain are appropriately trained to LORA HSE standards and comply with LORA HSE procedures
- Identify HSE training needs and develop and deliver HSE training so that all staff, consultants and supply chain are aware of their HSE obligations
- Ensure accurate and up to date documentation and information relating to HSE is collected, reported, disseminated and stored in a manner that improves HSE communication across the Project
- Assist in the development of HSE standards and processes to ensure the Project(s) complies with client, contractual obligations and regulator, governance requirements
- Monitor and conduct regular HSE governance activities within the project sites including:
- Collective Insights
- Positive investigations,
- reporting breaches
- issuing non-compliance reports
You will have
- Graduate Certificate, Dilpoma OHS and Certificate in Risk Management, CERT IV in ENV
- Experience working in high risk construction industry environment
- Demonstrated expereince in effectively implementing an HSE management system over multiple construction disciplines
- Able to carry out gap analysis
- Demonstrated experience in risk management
- Ability to carry out governance activities (audits, inspections FSR/SER)
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.