|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Join our Zero Harm team in this long term career development opportunity based in Benalla. The role of Zero Harm Advisor is instrumental in the development and implementation of Zero Harm (Environment, Health and Safety) policies and programs across the Victorian, North East Region. This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate will actively lead and ensure ongoing compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
This role will contribute to the continual improvement to Alliance’s Integrated Management System (IMS) and associated programs; the role will also be responsible for performance monitoring and data analysis, audit processes, guide incident investigations and provide support and coaching to Alliance's stakeholders regarding risk mitigation and statutory interpretation.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance or Construction space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with both operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes. You will also possess;
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous.
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry operating accredited heavy vehicles
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Experience gained in mentoring and leading a team to ensure best practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at various business levels.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers.
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
Applications will not be accepted via email – however for more information please contact: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.