|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are seeking an experienced Zero Harm Advisor to join our high performing team based in Benalla, Victoria . This role is instrumental in the development and implementation of Zero Harm (Environment, Health and Safety) policies and programs across the Victorian, North East Region . The successful candidate will actively lead and ensure ongoing compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk across the North Eastern Maintenance Alliance.
You will contribute to the continual improvement of the Alliances (IMS) and associated programs; whilst also monitoring performance and undertaking data analysis, audit processes, and guide incident investigations.
Exposure in the Civil Road Maintenance or Construction space will be highly regarded however we will also consider candidates at the beginning of their career with degree qualifications.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous.
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry operating accredited heavy vehicles
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at various business levels.
- Well-developed computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
Applications will not be accepted via email – however for more information please contact: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org