|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Systems Engineer for a LAND project within the CASG environment based in Canberra.
About the Role:
This role is within the CASG environment working on L200-2 Battlefield Command System (BCS), providing Systems Engineering Support for the Systems Integration team. Notwithstanding, the following activities and deliverables are envisaged during the term of this engagement:
- Develop BCS Capability Engineering requirements.
- Develop Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Technical Certification Plan (TCP) and Systems Integration Management Plan (SIMP) for the BCS System Capability.
- Engage Capability Manager to comprehend and simplify the operational capability requirements of BCS systems.
- Engage broad level stakeholders to understand and clarify BCS systems boundary and responsibility, explore, elicit and document the System and Platform Interface and Integration requirements and responsibility.
- Understand and document the Technical Certification requirements of System of Systems and Systems on Platforms.
- Lead a workshop with broad range of internal and external stakeholders to review and finalise engineering documents.
- Work collaboratively in a team to develop Systems Engineering, Technical Certification and Interface and Integration documents.
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Experience and familiarity with CASG project engineering activities and planning.
- Experience and familiarity in Systems Engineering, preferably within the CASG / Defence environment (SEMP, Technical Certifications plan, requirements management).
- Experience and familiarity with configuration management activities preferably within a CASG / Defence environment.
- Experience and familiarity with systems safety, security and managing technical risk.
- Demonstrated experience to coordinate and chair workshops in an independent manner.
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
Essential Qualifications/Experience/Work Environment:
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering, or Systems Engineering (preferred)
- Current experience as a Systems Engineer with strong skills in at least one Systems Engineering domain.
- Recent experience in subsystem integration (hardware and software) and platform integration and experience with communications systems in a military environment.
- An experienced Systems Engineer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.