|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Cloud Systems Engineer SME to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence. The Foundation Services (FS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for assisting the FS Lead. Responsibilities include:
- Integration of Foundation Services technical services within the Defence services. Examples include authentication and access control , domain name , network time, and performance and cyber-security monitoring.
- Technical understanding of cloud native management and monitoring systems. Examples include the ability to establish and manage enrolments and subscriptions in Microsoft Azure , flow through access controls and permissions , and establish and manage centralised performance and commercial management and monitoring policies and technologies.
- Technical understanding of firewalls and cross domain solutions. Examples include conceptualising firewall rulesets that would support information flows, the purpose and employment of proxies, and the advantages and limitations of different security architectures.
Essential Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Experience with Foundation Services and Capability (does not need to be as an ADF member, however must be able to quickly learn, relate, apply and adapt to changes).
- Experience with design and/or operations of cloud or virtualised environments.
- Experience with design and/or operations of firewalls or cross domain solutions.
- Technical experience at a mid-senior level delivering Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems to support software development and sustainment use cases.
- Technical support roles in technical delivery programs, especially managed services or software development.
- General understanding of ICT system integration.
- Small-scale project management experience.
- Ability to work with technical staff to understand and monitor the delivery of ICT services.
- The ability to develop technical Statements of Requirements or Statements of Work for software delivery projects.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Understanding of Command and Control systems, strategic networks, tactical networks, gateways, bearers, identity and access management, API based architectures, iPaaS type technologies (e.g. Service Meshes) and ICT organisations within the ADF (fixed and deployed domains) in the Joint Force operational environments.
- Awareness of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Defence Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), cyber security trends and cyber worthiness, architecture framework, Defence Strategic Framework, the Capability Life Cycle (CLC), development of Defence capability and systems.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments.
- Understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile and Dev Ops would be highly beneficial.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory),
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable),
- Relevant Certifications
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a minimum NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).