|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- mobile & Internet discounts, Novated Car Leasing, and other Financial benefits
- onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- training, mentoring and further learning opportunities
- social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- regular visits by our various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, independent retailers and fruit vendors!
- staff buses at Epping and Wynyard
As a collaborative team player who can work autonomously and demonstrate resilience, you will join a high performing line 2 risk function. Here, you will provide support in the oversight of Optus’ risks and mitigations, as well as the adequacy and effectiveness of our risk management and internal control systems across our Consumer business.
Key responsibilities include:
- work with the business to establish risk strategies, and identify, assess and monitor risks
- proactively drive risk management practices covering strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks
- actively engage the business and act as an advisor to promote our risk awareness culture through risk awareness programs (communications, workshops, dialogues) and sharing of past learnings
- facilitate the preparation/update of risk registers (and relevant risk reports containing risk indicators) which identify and assess the key risks facing the business
- review internal controls in selected risk areas and develop appropriate risk mitigation plans
- work collaboratively with the other team members within Group Risk Management and from the business units responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC&DR) to ensure comprehensive and effective BC&DR plans and practices, and crisis exercises and reviews
- participate in relevant risk management subcommittees or discussions
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate at least 5 years of risk management, risk consulting or auditing experience, with experience working within a large complex business environment. Sound knowledge of leading risk management and control practices and standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO, COBIT) are essential. Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, business or related disciplines, with further qualifications in risk management, and prior telecommunications or technology industry experience is an advantage.
To express interest, please include a covering letter and apply online today.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!