|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- Significant future career prospects
A career that gives you more
The Cyber Defence Security Architect’s purpose is to provide thought leadership, analyse proposed solutions for identified threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and to proactively contribute to the overall industrialisation and automation of security controls and operating models for the organisation.
The role requires demonstrated thought leadership, strategic thinking, technical acumen and the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business stakeholders.
This role sits within a Strategy and Planning function, but will suit an Architect, Engineer or Consultant with strong Cyber Defence or related technical skills seeking to pivot into a strategic role with a high degree of influence and autonomy. Most of all we seek a motivated, passionate individual willing to embrace a complex and fast-moving domain and make a difference
Day to day you will:
- Understanding the tools and techniques used for effective cyber defence and plan for optimal use of technology for effective threat management
- Support the development of strategic security vision for Cyber Defence to deliver new or uplifted capabilities
- Be a key part of our yearly Cyber Defence strategic initiatives programme
- Develop relationships with technology stakeholders, take the learnings from project engagements and inform security decision making in shifting common security architectural patterns and enterprise security strategy
- Act as a champion for Cyber Defence objectives within the organisation
- Develop and maintain re-usable security architecture and design patterns for consumption by the broader security and solution architecture practice
- Foster a collaborative culture for the development of strategic thinking within Security Services’ individual teams
- Ensure appropriate knowledge management and accurate documentation across domains in the enterprise security architecture practice
- Document, socialise and present outcomes of key decisions during security architectural engagements
- Advise projects on appropriate security patterns aligning to the organisation’s information risk policy and standard operating procedures
What you will bring:
- A passion for Cyber Defence and the appetite to take on new challenges in this rapidly evolving domain
- Good exposure to security architecture and design
- Hands-on or solid technical experience with cyber defence or related tooling. Previous engineering or operations experience highly beneficial
- Ability to develop a variety of technical options with articulated cost/benefit to assist with efficient threat mitigation
- Ability to undertake threat modelling from first principles and articulate counter-measures/controls required
- Proven ability to develop control definitions from control objectives to form security architecture in a large and complex environment
- Leadership and thorough understanding of current and emerging security threats, relevant security solutions, and limitations of such solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, convey ideas clearly and with passion
- Knowledge of, and experience in technology governance, including industry frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT and relevant Australian and international standards
- Knowledge and understanding of modern application architectural styles and design patterns (Micro-services, REST/Graph APIs, Micro front-ends, Container OS virtualisation)
- Knowledge and understanding of securing cloud workloads (IaaS, Paas and SaaS)
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements relating to banking and finance technology
- Good knowledge and understanding of banking and finance, including industry trends and technology adoption
Your new team
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce supported by our African Australian and Indigenous employment programs, Graduate and Trainee programs. We are proud of our LGBTI Gold employer status by AWEI, and our commitment to gender equality. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
We offer a highly engaged and co-operative working environment with opportunities for career advancement in all directions.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking and how Cyber Defence plays a critical role.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.