|Location:||Queensland - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an emergency service agency, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is responsible for ensuring the safety of people and property across Queensland through the provision of effective prevention, preparation, response and recovery activities across a range of emergency situations. Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
The functions of the QFES are unique. It is the only entity in Australia that delivers high quality fire, rescue, emergency and disaster management services through a single agency. This collaborative approach across the service and with key stakeholders delivers improved safety outcomes for the community.
Purpose of the Role:
Protect and serve the community by responding to fires and other emergencies in a professional and timely manner to minimise loss to life, property and the environment.
Improve the safety and emergency preparedness of the community by contributing to fire prevention and community education activities.
Applicants wishing to be appointed to a position at the rank of Superintendent must provide evidence of or successfully completed the following:
- Manual Medium Rigid (MRV) driver's licence as recognised by the Department of Transport and Main Roads; and
- Have successfully completed all the requirements for Station Officer Level 3 qualifications (or equivalent) and maintained the operational competencies appropriate to the rank of Inspector within the Fire and Rescue Service of the QFES; or
- Currently hold the rank of Inspector or above;
- Consideration of external applications will be at the discretion of the Commissioner QFES
Your key accountabilities
To determine suitability for the role, applicants are assessed against the Key Accountabilities defined in the role description and be required to demonstrate their experience and ability to undertake the fill range of operational duties as prescribed for the rank of Superintendent as required, including the following:
- Operations Management
- Community Safety Operations
- Professional Development
- Operations Business Management
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( https://www.forgov.qld.gov.au/humanrights ) and diversity ( https://www.forgov.qld.gov.au/inclusion-and-diversity-commitment ).
- Please click on the Apply Online button to view the full Role Description and/or to apply.
- Note: Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site.