|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Signalling Project Engineer for a high profile rail project in Sutherland, NSW.
This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
Your key focus in this role will be to:
- Coordinate on-site railway signalling construction and installation activities to achieve project, time, quality and budget objectives.
- Manage the signalling design contractor and the design process.
- Manage interface between design, procurement, site works and testing & commissioning ensuring resources, subcontracts, materials and documentation meet project requirements.
- Review signalling design drawings, reports, and data to ensure correctness and alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure rail safety assurance processes are followed.
- Provide technical support to Laing O’Rourke rail projects as required.
- Adhere to and promote Laing O’Rourke health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures.
- You will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the rail systems aspect of major infrastructure projects are completed on time, to budget, and to a high standard.
You will have a relevant engineering degree combined with significant experience in Rail Signalling on large scale civil/rail projects, ideally in Australia.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.