|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia's Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Senior Civil (Civil/Earthworks) Project Engineer to join the South Eastern Program Alliance team based in Melbourne, VIC.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA), has been awarded the contract to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing at Toorak Road and deliver a new $89M rail bridge over the road, and is also working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Plan, program and regularly monitor the design activities to a timely and cost effective conclusion ensuring the design is managed according to the clients brief, is buildable, safe and prevents re-work or ongoing defects.
- Coordinate the project activities and engage the subcontractors to ensure a safe, timely and quality product.
- Provide support as required by the Project Leader for any stakeholder contract requirement.
- Collaborate with the Procurement function to establish and implement the project’s procurement strategy. Ensure quality compliance and program requirements of the procurement activity.
- Develop and deliver management plans and controls to aid the delivery of the project.
- Establish and drive the programming strategy for the project. This will include the development of the overall program, and the mid to short range programming requirements and the ‘as built’ planning and programming process across the program hierarchy.
- Monitors budget and risk register for project and advises variations and responsible for managing budget for their assigned work scope.
A relevant engineering degree (Civil or Structural) combined with a minimum of 10 years’ experience on large scale civil/rail/transport infrastructure projects, ideally in Australia.
You will have proven experience in successfully delivering large civil earthwork packages and managing site engineers, ideally for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.