|Location:||Melbourne - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Mechanical Engineer within our Vic Advisory division, reporting into our Melbourne office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers’ needs. Working alongside world-leading defence scientists in our Integrated Engineering Services division we offer multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
About the role: As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Developing Systems Engineering Lifecycle related artefacts
- Developing technical documentation and engineering elements to support Business Case development and submission for Approval
- Review of design documentation
- Participation in design reviews
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills
- High level written skills and report writing
To be successful for the role of Mechanical Engineer you will require:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Demonstrate several years of practical experience in Systems Engineering including design, configuration, installation and the associated documentation and system standards
- Demonstrated experience in the development of engineering requirements
- Experience with Land Systems Engineering in Protected or Commercial Vehicles
- Experience in elicitation of user requirements and development of Functional and Performance specifications
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
Applications close on 7 June 2020.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits
QinetiQ is an Equal Opportunity employer and a Defence Reservists Supportive Employer. QinetiQ is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and Indigenous Australians.
If you are passionate about making your next career move with QinetiQ, please follow the links to apply today. If you have any questions regarding the position please phone 07 3031 0200 or email your contact details to email@example.com and our team will be in touch.