|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Endorsed Employer of Choice
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Utilise your technical expertise in Communications
As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for an experienced Communications Engineer within our MSP Division, based in Canberra
In our Major Service Provider (MSP) Division, we are part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, who share the Government’s commitment to growing Defence industry capability so it is able to deliver large integrated work packages across Defence domains and functions. As part of this consortium, we provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services for the next 11 years. We help diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance
You will provide specialist communications engineering expertise and ensure relevant engineering artifacts are updated and maintained in accordance with the remediation activities of the project.
As Communications Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical input and guidance to technical stakeholders and their teams.
- Updating and maintaining all relevant engineering artefacts in accordance with remediation activities.
- Contributing to the Defence High Frequency Communications System baseline deliverables.
- Authoring, updating and approving technical documentation.
- Reporting on progress against deliverables, proposed activities, risks and issues, and key priorities.
- Providing technical input to the management and scheduling of technical activities.
- Engaging stakeholders and managing stakeholder expectations.
To be successful for the role of Communications Engineer the ideal applicant will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or relevant industry and/or domain work experience.
- Extensive experience in Communications Engineering within a Defence environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of, or the ability to understand, Defence communications systems and capabilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders.
Applicants MUST be eligible to obtain an Australian Government security clearance.
Applications close on 21st April 2020
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits