|Job Type:||Full Time|
At ING our Know Your Customer (KYC) Team is fundamental in protecting our customers and our bank. We’re looking for an experienced Operations Lead to drive best practice, enhance our productivity and efficiency and ensure that our reputation as Australia’s most recommended bank remains secure.
As a member of the KYC Leadership Team, you will be leading an operations function responsible for Customer Due Diligence and Customer Activity Monitoring (transaction screening).
We are seeking an experienced leader with extensive experience in AML/FEC and outstanding skills leadership skills specifically focussed on performance management using production/quality management frameworks/eco-systems
This is an 'AML sensitive' role and appointment to this role is subject to applicants satisfying the requirements of ING’s AML Policy prior to appointment
What are you going to do?
- Be responsible for local staff executing the processes for KYC. Including Customer Activity Monitoring, Screening, Client Due Diligence (on boarding as well as periodic review) and Quality Assurance and deliver ongoing support for the Country KYC Lead to ensure effective and up to date reporting towards the Country KYC Committee
- Actively collaborate with the Country KYC Lead, Delivery Lead and KYC CoE Lead on the KYC Activities by highlighting opportunities and analysing problems and finding the solutions to these by periodic reviews and process improvements.
- Lead across operations as a whole by coaching, training and creating an exciting work environment by acting as the Operations Subject Matter Expert.
- Perform various aspects of Resource Management (supply and demand) within the Operations team and bring in a high performance culture along with staff motivation.
- As ING is a global bank, work with Global, Business and Compliance stakeholders including Tribe Leads, to communicate the impacts and effectiveness of the KYC Team.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in in retail/corporate banking or financial services in a risk role, preferably with 5+ years in money laundering or fraud or KYC role
- Have a vast track record of working in the area of KYC or AML and have a thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Be recognised as a strong leader with proven experience in driving operations teams to deliver, including coaching, mentoring and ability to inspire and empower team members towards efficiency.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation skills along with a solution driven approach
- A collaborative approach coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Degree qualification in a business, management or equivalent (AML Professional Certification highly regarded)
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)