|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a great opportunity to join a Multinational Bank as a Data Protection Lead in our Data Office – Governance team where you will be a key pillar in driving the formulation and execution of the Bank’s strategy for protecting customer, partner, and supplier and employee data as part of the full life-cycle of information management. You will be a part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative strategies which are at the forefront of digital banking in Australia. Join us by applying your skills in implementing Data Protection or Privacy policies and your experience in delivering regulatory reporting to key business stakeholders.
What are you going to do? You will be…
- Responsible for implementing the Bank’s data protection strategy with the key outcome being regulatory compliance and best practice enhancements
- Managing change to ensure the Bank complies with privacy law
- Developing a complete and standardised data protection framework for business stakeholders to comply with
- Facilitating training workshops and developing material for stakeholders to stay informed of relevant data protection and privacy laws
- Involved with the prioritisation of initiatives designed to achieve compliance with the law and improve customer outcomes
- Overseeing quality and detail of the requirements provided to stakeholders and scrum teams
What are we looking for? Someone who…
- Has 10+ years work experience with at least 7 years in the Financial Services/Banking sector with over 2 years in a senior role within a control function and 10+ years in business facing roles in an Information Management or Reporting role is preferred
- Has strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Is able to provide insights and analysis that are well presented and meaningful to the business to engage with stakeholders at all levels of management
- Has a solid understanding of SQL and how data flows across the bank’s systems
- Will drive outcomes on behalf of the bank, to mature the processes for capture, handling, retention and disposal of personal and sensitive data
- Works effectively within an Agile delivery environment, seamlessly connecting business stakeholders, team members and IT delivery resources
Nice to have
- Tertiary educated in legal studies, IT or Cyber-crime
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team
- Strong attention to detail
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.