|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Software Engineer (Core Banking)
It’s an exciting time here at ING and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, to join our Core Banking squad on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Join us by applying your skills in leading software engineering technologies, to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack.
You will be a part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking.
What are you going to do?
- Work along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to working production
- Design reusable services following Service Oriented Design principles
- Engineer solutions which are highly secure and performant at scale
- Write code that is easy to read, highly maintainable, and written with automated testing in mind
- Leveraging the best in TDD / BDD practices to delivery working software, every time
- Coach other engineers and team members to increase their capability and in turn the capability of the scrum teams and organisation
- Maintain a focus on personal development of soft skills including refining ability to operate in ambiguity and problem solving skills
- Ensure the effective documentation and communication of knowledge, system and process
- Ensure effective communication of scope, progress, concerns, issues
- Ensure effective creation and ongoing management of all collateral
- Foster and deliver effective adoption of continuous delivery methodology, practice and attitudes / mindsets
- Foster continuous improvement – i.e. bettering the way we do things and are
- An advocate for the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model Agile leadership behaviours
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualified in Computer Science or similar
- Fluent in 3+ development languages. Core: COBOL ,C++
- Solid in T-SQL and Linux scripting
- Strength in tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, etc.
- Proficient in full stack development (e.g. database, services and user interface) or mastery in one layer of the stack with sound understanding of other layers
- 7+ years in development/software engineering
- 4+ years’ experience working within Agile organisations
- Technical leadership in delivery for significant software applications / projects
- Ability to operate and provide technical leadership in ambiguity
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills that ensure ability to influence and educate non-technical staff
- Proven ability to lead personal and technical development
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritise and delegate to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network and stay abreast of changes within the industry and profession
Nice to have
- Industry recognition of capability in these technologies
- Testing: Selenium, API Automation, TDD/BDD, Junit
- Source Control: Git, TFS
- Other: MS Build, PowerShell, Linux
- Regular participation in community networks such as GitHub and Code Project
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.