|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Senior Researcher to join our growing team in Sydney.
You will join a talented, nimble team that is helping Atlassian achieve its mission, which is to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. You will have the opportunity to conduct research that not only informs our ultimate mission, but that also feeds the design, strategy and development for some of our most loved products (like Jira, Confluence, Trello, Bitbucket, and others.)
We have nearly 9M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organizations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products everyday; our Research team is at the heart of helping uncover what makes these teams work well together.
As a Researcher at Atlassian, you will:
- Have the opportunity to make impact at a huge scale: we're searching for someone to help us to identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward. Your insights and discoveries will help inform not only our company strategy, but also our product experiences and long-term roadmaps.
- Conduct end- to-end research, predominantly qualitative and using a variety of methodologies, to help us gain confidence in our understanding of our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products. You'll be empowered to work with autonomy and creativity every step of the way.
- Develop a deep understanding of how teams work together in all kinds of industries, all around the world.
- Contribute to the development of a strong and innovative research practice across Atlassian.
On day one, we expect you to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research and be able to show how your work has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- You identify as a creative individual who thrives in a team environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy crafting your own research questions, and are capable of identifying the right methodology for the study at hand.
- It would be great if you had experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, along with the knowledge of when and why to apply them. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- This position will need a strong communicator who is able to influence and inspire change. You know how analyse qualitative data, synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective ways of sharing your insights so they resonate and are impactful.
More about our team
You'll be joining a smart and passionate team of mixed methods researchers. We work together to continuously improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and user. We have a mix of embedded and centralised research programs that allows us to both follow the users journey wherever it may take us, as well as have deep impact at the product level. It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.